Journals of Jo

Journals of Jo

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Ya' Don't Know Jack

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and also happens to be my birthday. I'm not inclined to tell you "which" birthday.  Lucky me...always a party somewhere on my birthday.  Since it's my day and I choose not to think about any of the worrisome or unpleasant happenings in our world, I think I'll talk a bit about Jack Nicholson. Yep, Jack.

I would have to say that Mr. Nicholson is one of my favorite characters. He is definitely a character.  Because he is such a very splendid actor, whether he is playing a despicable and totally unlikeable role or a cuddly likable sort (not that often) you believe it. You either love or hate the man. Over his many years in the public spotlight, Jack has made some pretty interesting comments, personally and in his multitude of movies.  Here's to Jack and here's some gems of his wisdom:

My mother never saw the irony of calling me a son-of-a-bitch.

The minute that you're not learning I believe you're dead.

With my sunglasses on, I'm Jack Nicholson. Without them, I'm fat and 60.

I'll tell you one thing: Don't ever give anybody your best advice, because they're not going to follow it.


The camera photographs what's there.
 

I don't have any plugs or tucks but people do what they want. I look at it as mutilation.

I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water! (As good as it Gets)

 “You can’t handle the truth!” (A Few Good Men)


Happy Birthday to me....Happy New Year to you.   JO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note