Journals of Jo

Journals of Jo

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Do You Smell That?

There was an old saying, "You couldn't clean that up with Bab-O."   That's what I feel like about this presidential campaign.  The choices that we have facing us make me want to go take a hot bath---scrub down my counter tops. I'm not sure if we could even boil away the stench that is following both of these candidates.  I am sick at heart and in my gut at the extreme lack of character that they both possess.
 
Personally, I just can't find any peace in choosing either one.  I've been around a lot of years and I do know that there is bad that escalates all the way to pure evil.   A person that talks and behaves vulgar and crude, shows disrespect, not only for women but for anyone that holds opposing views,  that is arrogant and full of themselves is not a person that I could respect or point out as an example to my children. A person that can't stop telling me how successful and important they are and offers plenty of grandiose promises with no true explanation of how they will fulfill them is not someone I would like to vote for.
 
On the other hand---a person who has been in powerful positions in our government for nearly three decades and shown more than a few times that they are willing to use and abuse their power for their own benefit is certainly not my choice.  More frightening is the consistent lies and multiple suspicions of literally breaking our laws. There is the "what difference does it make" attitude---a person that will look straight into the camera and the eyes of the American citizens and act as if WE are ridiculous for questioning their integrity.  Most frightening, the documented facts that over fifty people that would be considered their enemy have died.  DEAD! people that have had accidents, committed suicide---some deaths that might have had reasonable cause but many that are actually not explainable.  To me, this is the bad that moves up onto the level of evil. 
 
I wish I could offer some solution, I can't.  I believe we have to recognize that we have let this country sink to these levels.  There is a raw sewage stink up to our knees and I wonder how we're ever going to clean up.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note