Journals of Jo

Journals of Jo

Monday, September 28, 2015

Finding Your Funny Bone

Supposedly, the funny bone is nicknamed because it's actually the humerus.  I think it's called the funny bone due to the fact that if someone jams it (right in the vicinity of the elbow) and jumps around like a crazed monkey, you just laugh your ass off.  Laugh your ass off is an expression to be explored another time.

Sometimes, you just really need to find your funny bone. If you watch too much politics, news and tv, it's real easy to completely lose your sense of humor. You can come to feel like the world is full of stupid and mean people and surely the end is near...by the way, as someone said, you might be right, but don't call me Shirley.

Any-who-o, it's the end of our great season here at the cabin. I'm looking forward to being home in Texas through the holidays and catching up with family and friends.  If you've been searching for your sense of humor, here's some of my favorite funny quotes.  Maybe one will crack your funny bone.

***People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
Issac Asimov

***Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Elbert Hubbard

***I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I'll be sober and you'll still be ugly.
Winston Churchill

***Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic and so am I.
Oscar Levant

***Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

***Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

***Life is hard. After all, it kills you.
Katherine Hepburn

***Never have more children than you have car windows.
Erma Bombeck

Two of my favorite Jeff Foxworthy word definitions:
              Senuous- Since you wuz up, bring me another beer.
              Mayonnaise- Man 'ayes a lot of people out here.

May your problems be small and your smiles big, may your days be many and your health strong, may I be the friend to you that you've been to me.  JO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note