Journals of Jo

Journals of Jo

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

That's So Stupid...It's Stupid


The hubby said something last night that was very smart.  As we watched the endless supply of idiotic visions that the tv provides us with and exchanged our usual brilliant observations....what!? did you hear that? (often we don't hear) I don't get that, do you? what is that all about?  He said, "Well, that's so stupid, it's just stupid." I think that was brilliant because sometimes there are no more words to describe the stupidity of something other than that original descriptive word.

Genetic Idiots is my favorite description of humans who are stupid beyond explanation. Those that amaze me to the point of thinking that no one could possibly willfully act that stupid. Bless their hearts, they obviously can't help it. Now, television not only falls over themselves to report any show of stupidity they can discover, they create mountains of it to show us.  I do understand that one's man's entertainment is another's disgust. What's interesting or makes us laugh is very diverse.

But, oh-my-goodness, television is like when someone gives you an ugly ass sweater. You smile politely, it could be worse, and say thanks.  So, they promptly give you five more in just a bit different color. Hey, it's your privilege, your right. If you enjoy watching has been stars dance or people eat bugs to survive or if you somehow relish the drama in everyday life such as watching paint dry...."Well, Taylor Tyler, what do you think? Is that paint going to dry darker than we thought? Oh god, if it does I don't know what we'll do.  We're nearly out of time for repainting this pet store and those poisonous snakes will start biting that lady that agreed to keep them in her bathtub...Yeah, I know, Moonie June, if we don't get paid tomorrow, Uncle Joe can't get that tattoo on his big toe."...If this turns your crank, who am I to judge.  I always thought the Three Stooges were purely stupid, many did and still do think they were hilarious. 

The list of things that are so stupid, they are just stupid would be longer than I could ever complete.  I've been in Dallas, Texas on the some of the busiest freeways in the world and seen people driving 80 mph and texting. I've seen folks that decided a little tattoo on the arm wasn't enough, why not painfully drill color into every single inch of my body and no one can ever get that off me, unless they skin me like a dead squirrel. And then there are politicians.

I know there have always been less than intelligent inhabitants of the world. Humans are just humans. Occasionally, people's idiocy is just plain laughable.  Sometimes, they are scary. I often wonder these days,  if we Americans, like some kind of self destructive Royalty have interbred.  Have the narcissistic, shallow, entitled and self indulgent pea-brains found each other and procreated to the point of the near extinction of the wise and honorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note